Friday, August 22, 2008

Looks like we are in for a wet weekend after all...

This storm has done pretty much the exact opposite of what the forecasters have said it was going to do right from the very beginning. I enjoy watching the erratic behavior of storms and listening to the predictions the meteorologists make concerning each storm. While watching all the media hype I always try to remember that the newscasters are erring on the side of caution and predicting the end of life on Earth as we know it just so we'll be prepared.

Tropical Storm Fay hasn't been a laughing matter to the people living further south of me in my state of Florida. They have taken a beating over the last two days. I can't believe how much rain they've received - some places over 30"!
She heads west, she heads north, she heads east and sits out over the Atlantic for a day or two...now she's headed back to the west - our way - where predictions are for her to stall out again. See on the forecast map up there the last green dot before the blue dot - that's where I live. Looks like we're in for a wet weekend.

No comments: