Monday, August 11, 2008

I am NOT paying full price

This weekend when we were at the beach house Greg was out fishing Friday night and he was getting eaten up by flies. I had forgotten to bring our bug spray with us so I told him I would run to the store (there was a CVS about 2 miles down the road and I was just dying to go in there since I had not been shopping there all week! LOL) Dakota wanted to come with me though and he HATES shopping with me in CVS because I like to take my time and walk up and down each aisle - and well, he's a boy and just doesn't get into that sort of thing.

Greg requested bug spray, Lay's chips, and Lipton Diet Green Tea (6 pk). Dakota requested Dasani water (24pk), Oreo cookies, Cheetos Jumbo Puffs, 2 Gatorade drinks, and a Reese's cup candy. (Dakota was with me and just kept throwing junk in the cart until I finally put a halt to it!) After putting those items in the cart and doing a quick calculation in my head I realized the total of those items alone came to $32.03!!!
Yikes! There was no way I was paying that much money for all of that junk! So, guess what I did?
I bought ALL OF THIS (pictured below) along with the other stuff (mentioned above) and I only spent $23.52 cash!
Isn't that amazing!? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CVS because of this exact reason. By using my coupons, and extracare bucks I was able to get so much more for less money out of my own pocket.

No comments: