Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Progress Report - March 2008

At the beginning of March I posted the goals I was working on for our family this year. Here's a progress report for those goals:
  • Cook more meals at home - this I DID do! But I didn't get our food budget below $350. I think this was due to a couple of events that took place during the month...a birthday, Easter and me going out of town for the conference. We spent $402.52 on groceries and $200.00 on eating out - so this is going to require a LOT more persistence and hard work this month. There are NO trips, birthdays or holidays to deal with so it will be much easier.
  • I was able to put some money away towards the Emergency Fund - $160.00
  • I made $100.00 payment towards credit card
This doesn't seem like much but in March we made two car payments so hopefully in April we'll be able to put more towards the credit card and Emergency Fund.

No comments: