Sunday, April 20, 2008

Married Couples Banquet

Greg and I had a date night last night. We attended a Married Couples Banquet at church, along with 9 other couples. It was so funny to see the wide range of clothing people chose to wear - from jeans & tennis shoes to dresses with heels. The great thing that I love about these type of events at our church is everyone can come as they choose (in their style) and still feel comfortable the entire evening. We had a wonderful time last night.

The best part of the evening was after dinner when we played "The Newlywed Game." The 3 couples that participated were the three that 1)had been married the longest -20+ years, 2)had been married the shortest amount of time - not quite a year yet, and 3)a couple in between -14 years. The women had to answer the questions first and the men had to guess their answers...this round went pretty good. The next round was hilarious! Let me just say this...those men probably went home and slept in the doghouse after their round!! LOL

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That sounds like a fun night. I don't know if I would want to actually play- but Im sure I would enjoy watching others participate.