Friday, April 11, 2008

Dakota and my so-so Walgreen's trip

I must admit something - I am very tired this week. With Greg out of town all week I've been doing the single parent duty and since Wednesday when Dakota got his contacts it has been a very trying end of the week. Dakota is a quitter. If he can't succeed at something right away - he quits. After Wednesday night's drama of trying to remove his contacts, he woke up Thursday morning ready to try to put them back in...that lasted all of 5 minutes. He decided when he couldn't get them in on his first attempt that he wasn't going to try anymore. *Sigh* It's been like this the last 3 days, morning and night...but each time he is getting better at putting them in and removing them. I just wish he would do it without all the drama. I'm exhausted and TIRED of encouraging him and ready for my husband to come home to help me deal with this. Can you hear my whiny voice??

Okay, now that I got that out of my system, that leads me up to my ho-hum Walgreen's shopping trip this evening. I dropped Dakota off at the church for a youth event and I had an hour to kill before I had to be somewhere. I wanted to use my $5/$20 coupons so off to Walgreen's I went.

1st Purchase
3 Aveeno face cleansing items - all priced $5.59
Aveeno Body wash - 5.19
Pringles - 2/$5.00
Used Aveeno coupons (3 @ -1.00 & 1 @ -1.50)
Used Pringles coupons (2 @ -.25 )
Used $5/$20 coupon

Paid 16.96 + tax
Received $10.00 RR for Aveeno products

2nd Purchase
3 boxes of Kleenex - .89 each
2 boxes Playtex tampons - 6.00 each
Banana Boat sunscreen - 8.00
Used $5/$20 coupon
Used $10.00 RR

Paid $7.67 + tax
Will get $10.00 Easy Saver Rebate for tampons & sunscreen

3rd Purchase
Gillette Mach Razor - 6.00
2 boxes Shredded Wheat - 2.00 each
2 boxes Pringles Stix - 2/$5
6 Jordana lipliner/eyeliner pencils - .39 each
Used $5/$20 coupon
Used $2.00 Gillette Razor coupon
Used $1.00 cereal coupon
Used (2) .30 Pringles coupons

Paid $8.74 + tax
Received $3 RR for the Gillette Razor
Received $1 RR for something else?

4th Purchase
3 cans Ravioli - $1 each
2 boxes Electrasol powerball tabs - 2/$6
2 pks Duracell AA batteries - 2/$3
Used $5/$20 coupon (I could do this because all of these prices above were with Walgreen's coupons - I handed the cashier the Walgreen coupons AFTER she took off this $5.00 so my subtotal was over $20 even though it doesn't look like it)
Used (2) .75 Electrasol coupons
Used (1) .75 Duracell coupon
Used $3 RR

Paid $5.65 + tax
Will receive $2 rebate for Electrasol

5th Purchase
Corner Office Multi-Purpose Paper - 14.99
2 15-packs of Bottled Water - 2/$5
Used $5/$20 coupon
Used $1 RR

Paid $13.99 + tax
Will receive $5.00 rebate for paper

Overall, I spent $53.01 + tax out of pocket

I used $14.00 in Register Rewards and $37.35 in coupons
and I will receive $17.00 in rebates for a total savings tonight of $68.35

Did you shop at Walgreen's this week? Leave me a comment and share your savings with me!

No comments: