Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Cheesecake Factory

Last week I shared with you that I was going on a trip this past weekend with 15 other women to Jacksonville to see Beth Moore at a conference. We left early Friday morning and drove 6 hours to get there. After checking into the hotel and resting for a couple hours we went to an early dinner (4:30) at Outback Steakhouse. I had a delicious meal of grilled scallops and veggies - I don't eat red meat so I always choose chicken or seafood. It was outstanding!

The conference that evening was wonderful. There were 14, 500 women gathered together in one place - that's a whole lotta estrogen!! By the time we finished dinner, drove there and got parked the place was packed...we had to sit up in the nosebleed section. It was fine though because there were huge screens set up everywhere and we could see everything great. The only problem was getting up there. We saw a long, long line waiting to use the elevator. Around the corner were the stairs. One of my friends had the brilliant idea for us to use the stairs. As our group of 16 headed to the stairs the line of 100+ women waiting to use the elevator began following us! We all climbed 5 flights of stairs - we did that Friday night and Saturday morning - 4 times. By Sunday morning (in church) most of us were so sore we could barely move!!

Okay back to the MAIN reason of this post...THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY...I have never been there before! Oh my heart! We went there Friday night after the program. This was the most delicious piece of cheesecake I have ever had in my entire life. I bought a Frozen Iced Mango to drink and a piece of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake. I was on a sugar high until 2:00 a.m. I don't eat too much sugar and sweets anymore since I've lost a lot of weight over the last 3 years - so this was definitely a treat for me!

1 comment:

Marshamlow said...

That sound like a wonderful night out. Good for you, girl friends and connections are very important.