Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fool's Day

As I was cooking dinner last night I was thinking about a way I could prank my dear husband for April Fool's Day. I didn't tell Dakota it was April 1st yesterday so I wouldn't be subject to his "pranks" all day but I really wanted to GET Greg.

He had called and told me he was going to be a little late coming home because he needed to stop by his mother's house to pick up some stuff she had bought for us on a recent trip she took. I had finished dinner and was sitting down eating when Greg called me again. I thought he was calling to tell me he was on his way home from his mom's house. Instead he said, in a very somber voice, "I'm going to be a little late...I've been in an accident." Immediately my heart started beating quicker and I was firing off the questions "Are you okay? How's the truck? Did you get rear-ended? Did you cause it? Do you need me to come get you?" He's answering the questions one after another and I said "Okay, I'm going to come get you" and then he says "Elisa...April Fools!!!" I coulda killed him!

As hard as I was trying to come up with an idea to get him - I NEVER even thought he was "getting" me!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Oooohhhh I would have smacked him upside his head. LOL but he did get you.

Your beach picture makes me home sick. The white sand, crystal greenish/blue water. Gorgeous.