Friday, April 4, 2008

CVS Update - Numbers Game

I am a "Numbers" person when it comes to saving money. I want to see it in black and white. I have to prove to myself that I REALLY am saving money to make it worthwhile the effort I'm putting into continuing this CVS shopping game. Especially because I am enjoying this wayyyyy too much sometimes!

I had some free time yesterday afternoon (because Dakota spent the afternoon and then the entire evening at a friend's house) so I pulled out my receipts from CVS over the last 2 months and put them into an Excel spreadsheet and this is what I discovered.

I started doing my CVS shopping 2/5/08 so I had exactly 2 months worth of receipts to use.

My total out-of-pocket cash spent = $170.11
My coupons used = $58.52
My Extracare bucks earned = $143.96
My Extracare bucks spent = $111.97

Total spent between cash & Extracare bucks = $282.08
Merchandise Value = $326.86

So, after looking at it in black & white I would say YES it is very much worth it!!!! Whoohooo!!!

No comments: