Wednesday, April 16, 2008

BIG Shopping Day - CVS, Bread Store, Walgreens, Walmart

I am working for a friend this week while she is at a conference in CA. I get off work at 4:30, go pick my dad up at 5:00 (we are carpooling) and head to the house. Yesterday after work, when I picked my dad up we ran by the Day-Old Bread store on our way home. I love shopping there because the bread is so much cheaper than in the grocery stores. I can stock up and put it in the freezer. Here's what I got for $16.00
3 loafs of wheat bread
2 loafs of white bread
2 packs of 12 ct hamburger buns
2 packs of wheat hot dog buns
2 packs of sub rolls
2 packs of dinner rolls
2 bags of white cheddar popcorn
1 bag of donuts

After getting home and putting this away, I ate some dinner, picked up Dakota (to keep me company) and took off to the stores. Our first stop was CVS where we scored BIG time!
2 boxes Circle K cereal 2/$5.00
4 Gift Bags @1.49 each
3 Garnier Nutrioniste facewash @ 5.99 each
1 (8 pk) Reese's Peanut Butter cups .88
2 packs M&M's 3.29 Buy one get one free
2 Gas X packs @ 5.69 each
2 Johnson's Buddy soaps @ .99 each
1 Alcohol @ .50
1 Hydrogen Peroxide @ .50
1 Pledge Duster starter kit @ 2.99
6 cans Progresso soup @ 2.79
1 Sunkist orange drink @ 1.39
1 pack makeup wedges (32 ct) @ 2.99
Guess how much I paid out of pocket for all of this???!!


I only paid a whopping $15.71 (in 3 different transactions of course!)


After we left CVS I made a run to Walgreen's. I had gone there Friday night and had realized the cashier made a mistake when ringing me up so I wanted to run back over there to get that mistake corrected (so I could get my money back). While there I picked up:
1 gallon of milk
1 Dawn dish detergent
2 (24-ct packs) Dasani water
and with my "correction" from Friday night's mistake I paid 5.00 so I was very pleased.

So far this evening I have spent $36.71 and I haven't even made it to Wal-mart yet for groceries. But that's okay because I haven't actually gone grocery shopping this month AT ALL yet so I am figuring I will spend the bulk of my budget tonight.

We get to Wal-mart and Dakota heads to the electronics department where he will happily camp out until I call him (on his cell phone....another GREAT use for his cell phone by the way!!) and I start walking around the beauty section and medicine section of Wal-mart to compare prices to CVS and to check out the clearance racks. I have not been in Wal-mart in ages and I just wanted to make sure that the prices I was paying at CVS were still in line with what Wal-mart was charging...and I was excited to see that they were exactly the same!

After spending almost 2 hours in there and only saving $16.00 with coupons I spent $150.00 but that's okay because I am still under budget and I got enough food that I don't see having to go shopping again majorly before the end of the month.

By the time we got home it was 10:00...I was whooped! Dakota is such a trooper...he helped me unload the car and carry everything in.

I think he enjoys going with me because he likes watching the register start at 30.00 or 40.00 and end up with me only paying $5.00 or 6.00...he says "How do YOU DO THAT!?" LOL

No comments: