Wednesday, April 23, 2008

RoboForm

I am on my computer for about 5-6 hours a day every day (excluding the weekends). I installed a program on all my computers last year that has been a huge timesaver! It's called Roboform. I have RoboForm set as one of my taskbars above my internet browser window. When I first sign on to the internet every morning I have to sign on to RoboForm (I've set a master password) and every single website I visit (or will visit in the future) where passwords are needed are saved in RoboForm.

When I get ready to visit one of my usual websites where a user name, and password is needed all I have to do is click on my RoboForm taskbar "Logins" and scroll to that website in the dropdown menu. I click on that website and a new browser tab opens with that website, the form fields are automatically filled in and I am signed in without me having to type anything!

The second thing I love about RoboForm is I have stored all my information (you can put as much or as little personal info in there as you want) so when I go to a website where I have to enter information such as name, address, phone number, DOB, even payment info...I do it all with one click on my RoboForm task bar - and every form field is filled in automatically.

This is a terrific program!! Last year when I first downloaded it I used the free trial version for 30 days. After that it was 29.99 (or something like that) and I kept putting off buying it because I could still use the trial version somewhat limited. A few months ago though they started offering it free with another purchase of something else...I purchased business cards for $5.99 from Vista Print and I got RoboForm free for all my computers! It is extremely worth it!

For more great "Works For Me Wednesday" head on over to Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you are spending that much time on just your personal computer but if you like 'traveling' with your passwords, you may want to consider an online password manager.

I work for PassPack: http://passpack.com
-an online password manager - it could be a solution to taking the convenience of password management with you, wherever. Hope you like it!
Happy Information Security Awareness Week!

Louise

Rebekah said...

Interesting program. I am going to check it out

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I want so badly to try a program like this! However, I worry about security and also wonder if this would slow down my sometimes sluggish computer.

Have you noticed any difference with it running all the time?

Unknown said...

@rebekah
Hope you like it. If you have any questions, let us know.

@lori-queen of dirty laundry
Security is one of our main priorities which is why PassPack uses host-proof hosting so that only you have have access to your account (not even PassPack can access it):

http://tinyurl.com/48qfxb

PassPack runs on all browsers and all computers and we are going to optimize that on Beta6. If your computer is particularly sluggish, you may or may not run into some problems. Here’s how PassPack works on various browsers:

http://tinyurl.com/ytjhby

It’s free so give it a try! And contact us with any feedback.
Hope this helps!

Louise