Thursday, April 24, 2008

Teaching my mom how to bargain shop!

Since I began my shopping addiction bargain hunting at CVS 2 months ago I've been sharing all my deals with my family. I have made up care packages for my daughters (that will be mailed out tomorrow girls!! Keep an eye out!) and I've given away some items that I picked up for free. Now when I am shopping I am constantly keeping in mind
  • Is there somebody in my family who will get some use out of this?
  • Can I pass this item on to somebody at church?
  • Can I donate this item to somebody at one of our mission projects we are always working on?
Most of the time the answer is going to be yes, especially when I am getting the item for FREE or practically nothing at all so I've accrued a major stockpile of products in a very short amount of time.

When I was pointing out the specials in this week's CVS flyer to my mom and showing her how she could work the deals to get the most for her money she kept saying "But I won't use that or I don't need that." Now my mom works with the homeless community and she is telling me she can't use certain items like deodorant, sunscreen, pain reliever??!! Hello!! Mom!! Wake up here, reality check...

My sweet mother has also been helping some family members get back on their feet after months of problems and struggles. She is always giving them stuff. And she's telling me SHE can't use some of the items I was pointing out to her??

Today she had a very good lesson in how to work it girl...work those CVS deals! She got all this - over $100.00 worth of stuff - and only spent $17.00 out of pocket. She was one happy camper!












  • 6 boxes of Raisin Bran
  • 3 Softsoap Body Wash
  • 5 boxes Alavert Allergy pills
  • 5 boxes CVS pain reliever gelcaps
  • 5 deodorants
  • 1 Vinegar
  • 1 Axe Body Wash
  • 2 Sunscreen sprays
  • 1 Sunscreen roll-on

No comments: