Saturday, April 5, 2008

Converted my husband to CVS shopping!!

My husband has been tolerant of my "addiction" to CVS the last two months - in other words, he doesn't really care one way or another....he earns the money and I try my best to make it spread as far as possible. He has always been one to run into Wal-mart or Winn-Dixie and pick up whatever he needs when he needs it. I've been trying to stay one step ahead of him for two months now as well as telling him to let me know when he needs something (IN ADVANCE) so I can keep my eye out for it. So far I've been pretty good at keeping him out of the stores - been supplying all his needs.

He is preparing for an out-of-town trip this next week and began telling me this past week some things he wanted me to pick up for him for his trip. I kept telling him I will get them at CVS this weekend. This morning I treated him to breakfast at Cracker Barrel (a pleasant surprise for him) and after getting the oil changed in the truck we headed to CVS. He came in the store after I had already been in there about 10 minutes and my shopping cart had quite a few items in it.

He remarked "Good gracious hon, what's with all that stuff!!??"

I told him "Just sit back and watch me work...I got all your items plus more. You're going to like this."
I got all of this and only spent $6.86 cash out of my pocket and I have $5.00 Extra Bucks left!!

Here's how I did it:
Purchase #1
(5) CVS Rapid Release 24 ct pain relief gelcaps @ 3.99 each
(1) Colgate 360 Sonic toothbrush 6.99
Total before coupons/ExtraBucks = 26.94

Used this coupon - $4.00 off $20.00 purchase (scroll down to 2nd thread)
Had $12.99 ExtraBucks from last months purchases
Earned $9.00 ExtraBucks from 2% Winter Rebate program

Grand Total + tax = .95
Earned 19.95 ExtraBucks for medicine and 3.00 EB for toothbrush

Purchase #2
Lubriderm lotion 6.99 used 1.00 off coupon
(4) Softsoap Spa body wash 4.99 each
Huggies travel wipes 1.79
Total before coupons/EB = 28.74

Used another $4/20.00 coupon
Used EB from above purchase - 22.95

Grand total + tax = .93
Earned 19.96 EB for Softsoap & 1.00 for Lubriderm lotion

Purchase #3
(2) Fructis Shampoo 3.99 each - used 2 $1.00 off coupons
Fructis Hairspray 3.99
Fructis Spray Gel 3.99
Stetson Cologne (husband's last minute purchase - lol) 11.49

Total before coupons/EB = 27.45
Used coupons 2.00 off
Used EB from above purchase 20.96

Grand total + tax = 4.98
Earned $5.00 EB for Fructis purchase

The sad thing about this is I actually had another $4/20.00 coupon in the truck but it was pouring rain and I really didn't want to run out there just to get that coupon. I know I'll use it next time.

Greg kept saying "You gotta me kidding me!"

As we were leaving I asked him "You see NOW why I enjoy doing this so much??" LOL

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Yea! for you. But I always (ALWAYS) forget my coupons.

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Great job! I love to show my hubby the reason I get into this so much so he'll make the occassional trip with me too. :-)