Saturday, April 19, 2008

Great Shopping Day!!

Today my mom had several errands to run so I asked her if I could bum along (to save gas) and stop at a few stores along the way for me so I could run in and pick up a few things throughout the day. She agreed so off we went.

Can I just share with you that we had a GREAT shopping day! Check out these awesome deals.

Our first stop was CVS. I was actually on the hunt for something specific when we stopped there and while I ran inside mom was looking through the CVS flyer and saw that they had a portable gas grill on sale for $19.99 - I came back outside and told her they didn't have what I wanted but she said she wanted to go check out that grill. I told her if she was going to spend that much money anyway I could show her how to get a whole bunch more without spending anymore than that. She doesn't have the patience to sit there and figure out all the Extra Bucks spending and deals and things so she said "That will be great...just do what you have to do." LOL
Here's what she got:
Gas Grill (was on sale for $19.99)
4 Cases of drinks (earned $3.00 EB)
1 - Raisin Bran Crunch
1 - Vinegar (earned $1.00 EB)
12 - gift bags w/ tissue in each one (earned $19.96 in EB)
She spent $26.00 out of pocket and has $3.00 EB left over
On our next stop at CVS (what I was originally looking for was at this store thank goodness!) I was able to pick up two of these AirWick Freshmatic Mini spray kits - on sale for $4.99 each and I had 2 - $4.00 off coupons, another SPA bathwash for 4.99 (earned $4.99 EB) and in order to get my order over $20.00 I let my son pick up his favorite magazine "Tips and Tricks" - that way I could use my $4.00/$20 coupon - My total was $9.46 and I have the $4.99 EB


Once we finished at CVS we had to stop by two different Walgreen's to get what we wanted. We were not going out of our way to get to these stores...we have about 4-5 all around where we live!
At Walgreen's we picked up:
4 cases of Dasani water (24 packs)
6 Dawn dishsoaps (.99 each w/ Walgreen coupon + .25 off manuf. coupon)
2 Trident gum (1.19 BOGOFree)
Paid $21.30 for all of this


I ran into Wal-mart to pick up all FREE items and then my husband asked me to pick up his favorite chips so I actually did have to PAY for something here! GRRRR
I had 3 coupons for these ScotchBrite Toilet Bowl Scrubbers I wanted to use and a coupon for a FREE Cascade dishwash rinse. I paid $4.24 total at Walmart for all of this. The teenage cashier wasn't going to let me use all 3 coupons for these Toilet Bowl Scrubbers - because she was reading where it said "one per purchase" or something like that. I told her well go ahead and refund two of them then and I'll just have you ring me up again individually as another customer. She said she couldn't do that because I am still the same person. I told her your cash register doesn't know I am the same person - it would be like me going to another line and making this purchase all over again. She continued to question me (as her line continued to grow longer) and finally I told her "you might want to call a manager over here and ask them because I believe you are wrong." She did call one over to her and ask and she did find out she was wrong...I really did try to be very nice about it and I thanked her for doing this but she wasn't very nice about it after that - I think she was embarrassed by then.
Our last stop of the day was Lowe's. My mom needed some stuff to repair a used pop-up camper and I told her I had a coupon I would let her use and then she could fill out the form to get me a coupon later. This coupon will get you $10.00 off a $25.00 purchase. She was able to get the items she needed -which came up to 26.00 - 10.00 coupon = 16.00! She was thrilled!!

No comments: