Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Since today is "Earth Day" I've decided to make a concerted effort to TRY and start recycling in our household. This won't be an easy task. In the county we live in (Escambia) there is no curbside recycling program underway. Instead we have a Residential Recycling Drop-Off program. This means we have to carry our recyclables to certain areas where our sanitation department has set up collection containers for plastics, aluminum and paper. The nearest one to me is about 10 miles away. I know this is better for the environment - but I will admit it is going to be a much bigger hassle than just chunking my garbage bag in that big old blue garbage can on wheels and rolling that out to the curb twice a week. What about you? Do you recycle? Are you making any changes this year as far as "reducing, reusing or recycling?"

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

We recycle cans. In fact I just bought a can crusher and a plastic tote to put them in. When it gets full, the boys take it out to the big can in the garage.

I tagged you on my blog for a meme.