Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

We have been recycling for a little over a month now. Where I live we don't have roadside pickup or anything like that. We have two containers we sort our recyclables in:
1)cardboard, paper, newspapers
2)glass, plastic, aluminum and steel
About twice a week we have to carry our boxes to a community recycling drop-off location to empty our boxes. Everyone in our family has gotten used to throwing their trash into the correct spot now. I am amazed at how much this has reduced the trash that gets picked up by our garbage truck twice a week!! Our big blue trash can used to be overflowing both times we hauled it out to the road during the week...now it's not even half full either day.

Even though I miss seeing my daughter and grandsons (who live in Hawaii) on a regular basis...I love the fact that I can call her at 2:30 a.m. when I can't sleep! There is a 5 hour time difference between us right now...4 hours when daylight savings time changes again because Hawaii doesn't participate in DST.....so those nights when I am tossing and turning unable to sleep I go sit out on the porch, pick up the phone and call Felicia and chat with her for an hour or so. Thanks Felicia!

Just found out last night Greg is going to have to work this Sunday...Father's Day. What a bummer! He'll be off tomorrow because of having to work Sunday so guess we'll be celebrating Dad's day early.

No comments: