I sub-divide those categories into even smaller categories so I can get a more thorough picture.
FOOD - I have these subcategories
- Dining Out
- Tips for waitress (it's very interesting to see exactly how much money we give to waiters/waitresses each month!)
- Haircare Supplies
- Face Cleansers/Body Wash
During April, I didn't do too well with my goals for the month. Several reasons for this....
1) Greg didn't receive any bonuses during this month and I didn't receive child support for a couple of the weeks so we were several hundred dollars short this month. But, praise God, I did get to work for a friend one week while she was out of town so I actually brought in a paycheck a little over $300 - that made up a little bit of the difference of what we were lacking.
2) Greg had to travel out of town on business and was gone for a week; with us both working for one week; lots of activities during the month - we ate out entirely too much!
Here were my goals for April and how I plan to do better for May-
- Cook more meals at home - didn't do this - actually did worse at this last month due to the reasons I stated in #2 above. We did spend less on food in April than we did in March (by $7.00! LOL) but we were still in the $600 range. I am going to start planning Weekly Menus to help me in this area. I used to do this but got away from it because...well, because it requires work and frankly I got tired of doing it. But if I want to get my food expenses down then I realize I am going to have to WORK at it a little bit harder!
- No money towards the Emergency Fund this month - too short on cash! BUT, praise GOD! I applied for a customer service job (working from home) back in January and I found out last week that I was hired!! So, I start training tomorrow - this will boost our Emergency Fund quickly over the next month!
- I did pay another $100.00 towards our credit card. I am aiming to pay $500 towards that credit card this month.