Monday, May 12, 2008

Ebates - This is so cool!!

I wanted to tell you about Ebates, a shopping site that gives you up to 25% Cash Back every time you shop online. You can shop at over 900 stores including Barnes & Noble.com, Gap, Target, Buy.com and Expedia. Plus you get additional savings with exclusive coupons, free shipping offers, and limited-time sales!

Sign up with Ebates today and we'll each get a $5 bonus when you make your first purchase!

I had been hearing about Ebates from blogs I've been reading the last few months - people do their online shopping through there and they get money back but I didn't put much thought into it other than signing up for it. About a month ago I had found out about a special sale at Catherine's using an online coupon and I forwarded it to my mom and told her to go use it - she could get $20.00 off of any $20.01 purchase or higher! She took advantage of this deal and as it turned out she had to sign up for an Ebates account to do it. By doing so, this gave HER $5.00 (for signing up), she used this great coupon and got some free stuff, AND she got cash back on her purchases!!

Now I decided this past Friday I wanted to order 2 magazine subscriptions, one for me and one for Greg. I went to look at Ebates to see if I could order the magazines there first and when I signed it I found out I had $10.00 in my account! I was shocked!! I hadn't logged in to Ebates since I signed up for the account almost 2 months ago so I couldn't figure out how or why I had $10.00 in my account. After closer inspection I found out $5.00 is from my initial sign-up (everybody gets $5.00 for signing up but you don't actually get that $5.00 until you make your first purchase) and the other $5.00 is from my mom signing up and using me as a referral!

I went ahead and ordered the magazines through Ebates because it said I could receive a 26% rebate from my purchase. The very next day I received an email stating that Ebates had put $15.58 into my account for my Magazines.com rebate!! This is great - I am definitely going to be checking Ebates more often before I purchase things now!

No comments: