Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We found a House!

I read this today---

President Bush on Wednesday signed a massive housing bill intended to provide mortgage relief for 400,000 struggling homeowners and stabilize financial markets.

and it is a little scary considering we found a house to buy today!!! I've been going out with our realtor every day looking at houses and making notes on which ones I like and which ones I don't and then discussing them with Greg every evening. Greg has been searching the MLS site, HUD site, and Craigslist daily and picking out more for me to look at every day. It's an exhausting, stressful task - trying to pick out a house!

I've been praying for that perfect one - the one that when I walk in the doors I wouldn't want to leave because I had found our home. After looking at 2 houses today we went to the 3rd one and that was it...the perfect one. It's only about 3 miles from Greg's office so I called Greg and told him to come look at it - he loved it too. The realtor and I wrote up the contract and I am waiting for Greg to come home from work so he can sign it and we can fax it back to the realtor.

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

So, if you end up buying a house, does that mean that you stop blogging? Or do you just change the name of the blog?

:)