Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Supercook - GREAT website!!

I have just discovered my newest favorite website for helping me prepare meals! (Thanks to Denise!)

At Supercook you can enter in the ingredients you have on hand (and it will ask you if you have this or that too....to help jog your memory) and then the more ingredients you enter in to your virtual kitchen the more recipes SuperCook will tell you that you can make right now with the ingredients you have.

I had a whole chicken I wanted to cook for dinner tonight and wanted to do something a little different. By the time I finished entering in just 29 ingredients from my kitchen (mostly staples like spices, milk, flour, oils, etc) I had 646 recipes to choose from. The neat thing is these recipes are pulled from other recipe sites. My chicken recipe I ended up going with actually came from Allrecipes - another favorite.

No comments: