Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in Pictures

We had a WONDERFUL Christmas around here...here's a recap of our week -
  • Greg took the week of Christmas off from work
  • My brother came in from Michigan - haven't seen him in over a year - when he drove down in his truck last Monday he brought a truckbed load of snow with him and it just happened to be freezing here in FL (on THAT day only!) so the snow lasted until Monday evening when we saw him...Bailee and I climbed in the bed of the truck and played in the snow while the guys made snowballs and threw them at each other.
  • Dakota spent 3 days with his grandparents (including Christmas Eve so he could hang out with my brother) which was strange to be alone with Greg all week but really, really nice and relaxing too!
Here's pictures of our Christmas festivities -
Our fun began the Saturday before Christmas when my daughter, Tina and her family came over for dinner and to exchange gifts. We also invited Tina's aunt & cousins (from her dad's side) over to eat dinner with us too.

I gave Bailee an outfit that had straps and she put it on like a backpack...


Bailee is helping me and Pops open our gifts...

The boys hanging out playing Xbox 360


Maddy was our fondue queen - it was delicious!


Bailee kept begging for more marshmallows dipped in chocolate (I gave her the mini ones - about 20 of them before her mommy made me quit! LOL)




Christmas Eve we went to my mom's house and exchanged gifts with my brother, mom & stepdad....

My goofy brother (on the left) kept making fun of my flash on my camera - it was hard to get a "normal" picture of him!


Pete and mom


Me and Dakota


Christmas Day Greg and I were alone until around 10:30 when my brother brought Dakota back home to us and then we went over to my inlaws house to celebrate with them for the day. That morning Greg and I went to Waffle House and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast together before the madness of the day began...


Greg and his kids...


Me and Justin and my mother-in-law in the background (she's a gem!)


A gift from my mother-in-law...she always puts such thought into what she buys for everybody. She won't give gift cards to anyone. She likes to handpick everyone's gifts. She amazes me how well she picks out sizes for people and other little details!


Brothers...


Later that afternoon when we got back home the three of us exchanged gifts with one another...


Dakota kept telling us he had the BEST Christmas ever! He's hugging his daddy and telling him thank you for his awesome gifts (xbox games)....


Dakota wanted this picture with Raven...our puppy is growing!


Tonight we went to my dad & stepmom's house to have dinner and exchange gifts with them. My camera batteries died right after I took this picture so unfortunately I only got one picture from the evening! Bummer! But we had a great time this evening and this wrapped up our Christmas festivities....

In case you are wondering...yes, Dakota is wearing shorts (as am I) because it has been in the high 70's here all week!! UGH! We are SO READY FOR COLD WEATHER!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Monica said...

Looks like a wonderful week with your family. So glad:)