Thursday, March 20, 2008

Walgreen's Shopping 3/20

Look what I got from Walgreen's today for $14.16!! I am so excited about this! I know you are probably looking at this picture and thinking "BIG WHOOP!" but to me this is terrific! My husband inhales peanut M&M's and popcorn - he LOVES them so I HAVE to keep them in stock - no matter what the cost...know what I mean?! So when I can find them at a terrific deal I stock up.

Same thing with candles...hubby is gonna buy them no matter what the cost so I better keep them around and when I can find an awesome deal like this I am doing cartwheels!

My splurge in this deal was the gallon of splenda-sweetened tea - it was 2.49. This was poor planning on my part. I almost always carry bottled water with me wherever I go but I forgot to grab one before I left the house. I shouldn't have purchased the tea but I was positively famished and had planned on running through a drive-through for a drink on my way home anyway and when I saw the tea I "just had to have it - so I bought it."

Anyway, you still have a couple of days to take advantage of some of these deals so I wanted to share them with you.
  • Raisin Bran & Raisin Bran Crunch are on sale for 1.99 each - I used this coupon and got $3.00 off 3 boxes.
  • M&M's are on sale for 2/$5.00 and I used 2 coupons - one inside the March EasySaver Rebate book which gave me $2.00 off and 1 from the Sunday coupon insert which gave me another $1.00 off.
  • Basic Paper Towels - there was a coupon in the Walgreen flyer this week for .79/roll and I used another coupon for .25 off each roll
  • Glade Wisp Flameless Candle - on sale $5.99 - used this coupon for $5.00 off - will also mail in the Easy Saver Rebate to receive $2.00 back
  • Orville Redenbacher popcorn - $2.49 box - used a coupon for .40 off - purchased this to complete Easy Saver Rebate #49 which will allow me to receive a $5.00 rebate for spending $10.00 on food products.
My total before coupons: $31.11
My total after coupons: $14.16

No comments: