Friday, March 21, 2008

Wii

Dakota received a late Christmas present from his grandparents this week - a Nintendo Wii. It had been backordered and finally arrived yesterday afternoon. We knew it was going to come in one day but we didn't tell Dakota about it because the anticipation would have been too much for him - and he would have driven me crazy everyday asking "Is it here yet?"

He has his fair share of these video game systems - thanks to grandparents who dote on him! - but I must say this is by far my favorite game system! I can't play all those other things he plays (Xbox, playstation, etc) because frankly, I'm just not that coordinated with the controller. But when we set this system up yesterday and started playing the sports games that came with it - we had a blast!
We couldn't wait for his daddy to get home from work so Dakota could challenge him to baseball, tennis and bowling. Greg got home around 7:00 and sat at the table with me eating his dinner and telling me about his day at work. The whole time Dakota is prancing around, chomping at the bit for daddy to finish so "they" can play. When Greg was finished he told Dakota he would watch him for a few minutes. I told Dakota "here, I'll play against you - let's play tennis."
Greg sat down on the couch and watched us serve 2 times and he jumped up and said "Okay, my turn!" LOL - that's all it took - he was ready to play!
I watched those two play through tennis, baseball and nine rounds of golf for 2 hours last night. By the time Greg said he had to go to bed, Dakota had worked up a sweat! They had so much fun playing with this. We are going to our favorite game store today, Game Stop, to see what inexpensive games we can pick up to play this weekend.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

we got the boys a Wii for Chirstmas. It has been a big hit. We love to bowl