Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

My husband is on call 24/7. He has a Blackberry permanently attached to his right hip so he can be reached at all hours of the day and night no matter what day of the week it is. I am very grateful he is so good at his job and so respected because it has allowed me to stay home with our children and spend my time raising them. I am also extremely grateful that he keeps his Blackberry on vibrate 99% of the time because it would become annoying very quickly as often as it goes off between the phone calls, IM's and emails.

Well this past weekend he was not on call. When he is on call I understand getting phone calls at 4:30 a.m. But when he isn't on call, I get a little irritated when his cell phone starts vibrating rather loudly on the nightstand at 4:30 in the morning. We both woke up pretty quickly. He answered his phone and I started nagging, talking in the background about "why was so and so calling you and not calling whoever's on call!?"

As soon as he gets off the phone he says "Ummm, it's 5:30 - we forgot about Daylight Savings Time."

Me: "Oh crud! We sure did! Thank you Jesus for that phone call!!!! We surely would have been late for church!!" Amazing how a little thing will change your perspective isn't it?

I talked to a lot of people this year that seemed to "miss" the DST announcements...what about you?

No comments: