Monday, March 31, 2008

Ministering to Women

I forgot to mention how last Monday night's "Meet and Greet" went at church. I always get so worked up and nervous about these things but there was a decent turn-out. Everyone that showed up had a great time and encouraged me to plan more of these events. Our church is growing so rapidly and people just don't know one another.

I scheduled a "Women's Ministry Planning Meeting" to be held before church last night to see who was interested in helping me with the Women's Ministry. I've been doing it alone for the last year and a half but now that the church has gotten so big it's more than I can handle on my own. I was exhausted from my trip to Jacksonville (to the Beth Moore conference on Friday and Saturday) and was regretting my decision to have this meeting yesterday; but I ended up having another good turn-out for this meeting too! There were 10 women who showed up with ideas in mind and ready to get started right away! This is exciting!!

One thing we talked about is how important it is to reach out to all women around us, no matter how "mature" a Christian they are or whether they are a first-time guest. We all go through stages in life where we deal with those tugs of self-doubt and insecurities the devil whispers in our ear. He makes us believe that everyone else is getting invited to functions and purposely leaving us out. He makes us believe that everyone is laughing at us or talking about us or they will make fun of something we say so we just need to keep our mouths shut.

The reality is, when you are thinking like that you are making the focus all about "YOU" instead of about "OTHERS" where the focus should be. It's time to get off the "me, I, my, mine" pity wagon and get out there and see how you can help "OTHERS" by loving, encouraging and supporting them....it's amazing what happens when your focus shifts to other people instead of yourself.

1 comment:

Toni said...

What an awesome turnout for the brainstorming session. Won't it be wonderful to see how God uses each woman to further His purposes!
Blessings,
~Toni~