Saturday, March 15, 2008

Really need to get out...

I've been doing spring cleaning the last two weeks. I have to do it slowly. Take one small project at a time. Dust gives me a migraine so I can't handle too much dusting at one time. Lifting and sorting for more than a couple hours at a time will cause my back to ache for days. So I've stretched it out over the last 2 weeks. I'm still not done! Dakota has been helping me - he is a big help when he WANTS to be.

Because we've been doing this cleaning we haven't left the house except for church and one day two weeks ago when we went bowling with the homeschool group. I realized this last night when I decided I just had to get out. I was like a caged animal. Greg worked late. He has worked late everyday this week and he worked unusually late for a Friday night so when he finally arrived home I gathered my stuff and told him I was going grocery shopping. He looked at me surprised because I was going on a Friday night and asked me why I couldn't go tomorrow. But he doesn't understand....he leaves everyday to go to work and is gone all day so I realize he is ready to come home and rest. I needed to get out, anywhere! LOL

As I was preparing to go, Dakota started begging to go with me. At first I told him no because I didn't want him to rush me or bug me to buy this or that (not to mention the fact, he had a friend spending the night and I didn't want to be ganged up on in the grocery store.) I left without him - but as I drove away I experienced the sweet rush of escape....freedom....I could go anywhere I wanted....and my son's sad face came into mind. Crud!! I realized he is just like me and is just needing to be free for a little while also so I called him and told him to get ready because I was coming back to get him.

We drove up to Sonic and had banana splits and ice cream before we went grocery shopping. I was glad I ended up taking them with me because by the time I got home it was 10:30 pm and Greg was asleep and I had a lot of groceries to unload! The boys helped me!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh......It felt so good to get out for a little while.

No comments: