Monday, March 3, 2008

Spring is in the air

Dakota decided to go out of town with his grandparents yesterday for a family reunion. Poor guy had no clue what he was getting himself into...I don't go to those anymore because everybody I knew has died. I'm not one to sit around and listen to the "old-timers" tell stories of who did what with who and when they did it because I don't know who the people are and I don't care what they did. This probably makes me sound heartless and uncaring but it's kind of hard to connect when you see these people once a year and they don't remember you from year to year.

I say all of that to say this - when church was over Greg and I both hit the front door like a bullet from a gun. It was a beautiful day and we both had the same idea! Head to the beach! We rushed home, changed clothes, packed up some bottled water, towels, our iPods and our chairs and we were ready to roll.

It was a glorious day out there...oh my goodness, the sun on my face felt wonderful! I guess a whole bunch of other people had the same idea because the beach was packed! We drove further away from the main part of the beach and we were still around a whole bunch of people. We stayed out there enjoying the sun and listening to our iPods for about 2 1/2 hours before the wind started getting too chilly for us so we packed up and left. That was enough time for us to both get burnt though. I was hoping this was the start of Spring...but after watching the weather this morning on the news I see it's supposed to rain tonight and turn cold again this week. Oh well, I enjoyed yesterday!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

beautiful pictures. I remember one February my friend and I went to the beach. Instead of laying in our lounge chairs, we stacked them around us to block the wind while we laid freezing on our beach towels.
*Anything to get an early start on our tan*