Monday, April 6, 2009

Tip: Saving Paper

A stack of manila paper.Image via Wikipedia

Thanks to Carrie for this money saving tip -

See how long you can go without purchasing (or opening a new ream of paper for your printer.) I use so much paper to print out coupons, driving directions, receipts, mystery shopping questionnaires to take with me on my jobs...the list goes on and on. None of it has to be printed on "good, clean" paper though.

Carrie gave these tips on where to get the paper to use in my printer instead of purchasing a new ream. As soon as I read this, I went through my recycle trash can and pulled out a large stack of paper that I can now use in my printer! Where did it come from?

  • Anything that I have received in the mail over the last few weeks that is blank on one side can be used on the other side. I can print out coupons or whatever on the blank side.
  • Flyers from church or that I have picked up various places and junk mail flyers that are in a multitude of colors can be used to print on the blank side.
  • If you have children in school they probably bring home papers with announcements or newsletters. Copy down the dates and important information onto the calendar and then use the blank side of that paper.
You'll be amazed at all the paper you can recycle when you really start looking for it!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: