Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Recipe: Philly Cheese Steak Pizza

Yay, cooking!Image by camerasutra via Flickr

I went grocery shopping Friday. While there I purchased some deli roast beef that had been sliced up and was put out at a greatly reduced price because it needed to be sold by Easter. Today I decided to use most of it by creating a Philly Cheese Steak Pizza. It was delicious!!

I should have taken a picture, but I didn't think about it before we ate it and most of it was gone by the time I decided to post about it so I only have my "tweaked" recipe for you. I say "tweaked" because I looked up a couple of different recipes online to get the general idea and then did my own. :-)

1 med onion - sliced
1 med green bell pepper - sliced
sliced mushrooms - use however many you like on your pizza
olive oil - 1 TBSP
Roast Beef - shaved, (or in my case it was thinly cut and I cut it in strips) - here again, I just used a handful, no measurements, just get what you want to put on your pizza.
ground black pepper
Pizza Crust (I had a tube of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza crust that I used)
olive oil
minced garlic, or garlic salt, or garlic powder
Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Provolone Cheese
I used Parmesan and Colby/Monterey Jack because that's what I had

Pour 1 TBSP olive oil in skillet and Saute vegetables until limp; add roast beef.
Cook for about 3-5 more minutes
Add pepper; stir and remove from heat.
Brush prepared pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt or powder
Top with light layer of parmesan cheese, then meat/vegetable mixture
Top with the other cheese covering as much as you want.
Bake according to Pizza dough directions.

This was so yummy!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

this sounds easy and yummy

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! I'll have to try it! I saw your comment on Facebook and I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Everything is fine here, I've just been taking a LONG bloggy break. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, though. How are you doing?