Monday, April 13, 2009

CEO's of Easter 2009

Since we don't have any little ones around anymore our Easter was pretty laid back and mellow. I woke Dakota up with a chocolate bunny staring him in the face...but that was all the candy I would give him because of his "little" belly he has starting to pooch out there again and I knew he would get a basket full of candy from his grandma (which he did!)
We had a record attendance at church, more than exceeded our expectations! I sing in the choir so I could see the greeters in the back of the church as they continued putting chairs out for 20 minutes while we sang during worship. People just kept coming in!

I wonder what it is that makes people CEO's of church? Those are the Christmas & Easter only attenders. I guess they figure they are paying their dues for the year?

Hebrews 10:24-25 tells us "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching." It's unfortunate that the CEO's of church are missing out on this bigger picture - the encouragement, love, acceptance, and family you receive when you are involved in church full-time and year round.

We have the greatest church family! I sometimes don't know how I could function without the love and support I get from them. I feel sorry for people who don't have that connection with a local church because they are truly missing out on one of God's blessings.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: