Sunday, March 15, 2009

Warmer weather = butterflies, birds and squirrels oh my!

An Eastern Grey Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis...Image via Wikipedia

We have had the most wonderful weather the last two weeks. High 70's - low humidity, gentle breezes...ahhh, I love it! I have been itching to get out and work in the yard but I've been putting it off until I return from Hawaii the first weekend in April.

With Spring in the air the birds are back again in full force. I have a couple of bird feeders in my back yard but neither of them are squirrel-proof so every time I look out my window those pesky squirrels are IN the bird feeder! I need a squirrel-proof bird feeder! I am going through bird feed like crazy (and sending my dogs out to run the squirrels off.)

In searching for different bird feeders and hummingbird feeders for my back yard, I found this website which searches the entire web for Home and Garden products - not just websites which pay for the ad space. I can't wait until I get back from Hawaii. I've been spending time just planning out what I want to do in the back yard...I am ready to get my hands dirty!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: