Saturday, October 4, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This

I just discovered this awesome new blog (new to me that is) that I think I am really going to enjoy reading. Her name is Pam and she has 6 children (like me!) She's been doing this weekly meme for awhile entitled "You're Gonna Miss This" moments where she encourages you to write about moments you should treasure or moments you treasured in the past that you either miss now or you will miss....I know, I know....that was a wordy sentence. For more info on the meme, go here.

For my participation in the meme, just keep reading...
I wanted to start off by sharing a picture of my family (minus Dakota because he wasn't born yet at the time of this picture) - this was taken in the summer of 1995 before Greg and I got married. His kids, Justin (the tall boy in the back) and Brianna (in my lap) were about to move to Holland with their mother and new stepfather. We wanted a family picture taken before they moved so far away.

Combining our families was tough. Dakota was born a year after we got married and we would have all six children during the summers and for holidays. We had four children in middle school and high school at the same time.
Between cheerleading, band, softball, karate and basketball we were always on the go. This time of year is especially hard for me. I really really miss going to the football games and watching my daughters cheer. We did that for 8 years. We watched them perform in halftime shows at Friday night football games for 4 years. I really miss this.
Now the girls are married and living in different states and have started families of their own. Jon is working and Justin is graduating from FSU this year. Brianna is a high school junior and Dakota is 12 yrs old and still being homeschooled by me. My oldest grandson started kindergarten last month and I have a new grandson due on Dec 24th...Greg and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary this month. It seems like not long ago that we got married...time marches on...


6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Priceless. That is awesome! YOu have a beautiful family.

Pam said...

hey! Glad you found my blog and are choosing to join me in capturing these moments! I am struck by your moment, because I KNOW how much I will miss the days I am in now... with all of them here... the boys playing friday night football (and monday and tuesday) and although my daughter hasn't even started her cheerleader career (neither of them!) I know that one day I will miss it! If only I could live out these days with no regrets and capture every moment! Nice to meet you!

KC said...

This was such a beautiful post. I love watching your family grow in those pictures.. and Happy Anniverasry this month. DH and I will celebrate our 14 year on the 29th this month.

Lizzie said...

great pictures! Going down memory lane is so much fun (most of the time.) ha ha. Thanks for sharing!

Monica said...

I loved seeing these pictures and your family grow up. You all clearly have a special bond. Thanks for sharing.

Rebekah said...

I found her blog last week. I want to post something for her meme- I just need to find time to write it