Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I'm All Alone for a few days

As of 7:00 a.m. today my sweet Dakota has gone off on his first trip with the youth group from church - they are going skiing in NC for 3 days. This is new territory for him AND for me! I've always chaperoned everything my children have done...but it was different with my older children because they were all in public school and not homeschooled like Dakota is. He practically begged to go on this trip without me. I gave in and let him go. So what I have done with my first day without a child around?
Took the Christmas tree down CLEANED house with MY music blaring!! Tomorrow I'm tackling Dakota's room...mwhahaha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, gone for three days? That's actually quite cool that he wanted to do that and that he gets this experience. My son goes to a camp for homeless boys for two days...he's done it twice. It's not fun, but it's good for him and he does really well. He has a special gift for working with children. He acts grown up around them which is a nice change for me sometimes!