Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Time's a flying by. I was in Walmart on Saturday buying some birthday presents and I saw a big sign over the door -

40 Days Until Christmas

Oh my goodness!! Can it really only be that short amount of time before the end of 2008 is upon us? I can't believe this year is almost over. I am still stuck back in the planning stages of last winter and "things I want to accomplish in 2008" - I don't even want to think about the New Year rolling in.

The last couple of weeks have been crazy around here. We have lots of birthdays that go from September-December among our family and friends. We've had birthday parties to go to and presents to buy. It's always a busy time of year for us and that doesn't even include the regular holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's.)

Last weekend, Tina (my daughter) and Bailee (my granddaughter) came in town. There was a performance at our civic center of "So You Think You Can Dance" and my mom took Tina and my son, Dakota to this show since they all like to watch it on TV. I got to babysit Bailee! We had lots of fun!!
She is hilarious in all her chattering she does. She speaks in a LOUD voice all the time. Bailee doesn't know what "inside voices" are...and she looks you right in the face and with a very serious expression on her face she will proceed to let loose with all this jibberish like she is really telling us something. Heaven help us when we don't understand her! I just play along like I know exactly what she is trying to say and I talk right back to her.
She had the best times with our dogs. She squeals so loud with delight - it sounds like she is screaming/crying. We laughed so hard at her reactions to the dogs because she gets so tickled when they play with each other. I've talked about how my best friend CJ adopted a boy 2 years ago. He is 5 days younger than Bailee. We celebrated his 2nd birthday Saturday. Bailee is sitting in CJ's lap because CJ is close to the presents! Bailee remembers this from when she had presents at HER birthday party 2 weeks ago - she was helping Caleb open his presents! LOL
Caleb loves Barney and farm stuff so they had a Barney at the Farm party...and had a friend bring a horse for all the kids to ride. There were lots of 2-3 yr olds there who wanted to ride so after all the older kids rode, CJ made her daughter, Cassidy get up there and ride all the little ones. She volun-told her! Cassidy wasn't too happy about parading around on that horse but she was a good sport. Bailee loved riding the horse!

2 comments:

Claire said...

There you are!!! :)

lalalalala, I am in denial, and you just reminded me how close Christmas is. LALALALALALALALAALALALALA!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebekah said...

She is adorable! Gracie doesn't have an 'inside' voice either. Maybe its a 'girl' thing