Monday, October 15, 2007

My stepfather needs prayers

My stepfather, Pete, had a heart cath this morning. The doctor found 3 blocked arteries, one of them pretty significant. He called in another heart doctor for a 2nd opinion because he is not sure how to proceed at this point. The doctor is recommending heart bypass surgery now which has to be scheduled so he is planning on sending my dad home in a couple of hours....with those 3 arteries STILL blocked. All of this is much to the great dismay of my mother. Before he went in for this procedure today we knew he was having some problems but we didn't know how "severe" the problems were. Now that we know it is really scary to think that he is coming home without them fixing things. If you are reading this, just say a little prayer for my sweet Pete. Thank you and God bless....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Dad had a quadruple about five years ago. Before that, we had no idea he even had heart issues. He always ate great and has exercised his whole life, not to mention that heart problems don't run in the family. I am convinced stress caused it. I think stress is responsible for most of the health problems we have today...if it doesn't cause them, it makes them worse. And it's nearly impossible to avoid in our culture. I'll pray for him to be able to relax and not feel stress until something can be done medically. (I know...easier said than done!)