Monday, May 4, 2009

Was it Mother's Day this past Sunday?

I had such a relaxing day Sunday. Yes, I skipped church. Yes, I laid in bed until 10:30 and just watched TV. My husband got up and made breakfast that morning and delivered it to me in bed. I ate and snuggled back down into the covers and drifted back off to sleep.

Dakota had a friend spend the night Saturday night. We decided to take the boys out the beach around noon for a few hours. I went from laying in bed to laying in a chair on the beach and listening to my iPod. I needed the rest...especially after staying out so late Friday night at Relay for Life and then being gone all day Saturday driving to Tallahassee and back. What I didn't count on was my sweet husband waiting on ME throughout the day - he was just as tired as I was.
When I am really tired this familiar verse runs through my mind...one of my favorites:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Matthew 11:28

No comments: