Monday, May 18, 2009

Looks can be deceiving

I called Greg one day last week as he was getting ready to leave work and asked him if he would stop by Publix on his way home and buy some milk. When he came home he surprised me with a bouquet of flowers he had purchased from Publix as well.

I love flowers - not specifically roses, but all kinds of flowers. Anything with color will suit me just fine. When I first took off the wrapping from around the bouquet, I was slightly surprised that Publix was selling them. To be quite honest there was a lot of color but they really didn't look up to Publix's standard (if that makes sense without coming across as putting my husband down...because I am certainly NOT doing that - I LOVED the fact that he surprised me with these flowers!!) I cut the ends off, arranged them in the vase and placed them on my dining room table.

Let me just tell you something - over the last few days - these flowers have opened up and become absolutely stunning! Wow, I wish I had taken a before picture so I could show you the transformation!!
You just have to imagine everyone of these flowers "closed up" when I placed them in the vase...and that's what I saw at first. Now that everything has opened up, I have something truly beautiful don't I?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

that is sweet! you may love the flowers, but I would love to just get something from PUBLIX- Oh, how I miss that store!!