Tuesday, November 27, 2007

God is always faithful

"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer." Psalm 17:6
God is always faithful and always there when I need Him. I have been going through tests the last couple of months trying to determine if I have lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia or something else. I have good days and bad days with my pain levels and fatigue. But mostly I just want to find out what is wrong.

I've been waiting 3 weeks since the last round of bloodwork/x-rays to hear from my doctor. Today while Dakota and I were running errands and heading out to grab a sub sandwich for lunch the doctor's office called. The nurse informed me that all my results were normal. I know that should have made me happy. But I hung up the phone and just felt numb. Then I began to cry.

"Normal? Normal! Then why am I hurting so much!?"

I needed to talk to somebody. Who could I call? I picked up the phone to call my husband....but, no - wait, I can't call him - he's having a very busy day at work. He couldn't even talk to me earlier on instant messenger.

I know! My best friend, CJ - I'll call her! No-wait she is out of town taking care of her sick dad so I can't call her right now either.

Then I realized I don't need to "call" anyone...I just need to "talk" to God and pour out my heart to Him. I'm still driving down the road and I'm talking to God and expressing my complete frustrations with the situation and asking for Him to help me with my pain and take my worry away and all of a sudden my phone rings and it's my best friend...CJ.

She says "Hello! What are you doing?"

"Me and Dakota are heading to Firehouse Subs to get some lunch. What are you doing?"

She then asks me "I'm driving back home from my daddy's house and I started thinking about you and was wondering if you ever heard back from the doctor?"

Is God good or what??

For the next 20-30 minutes we talked about it - she listened to me cry about it and she encouraged me with words of wisdom and I was able to put it behind me the rest of the day.
Thank you Jesus....for putting CJ there right when I needed a friend!

No comments: