Friday, August 14, 2009

My baby is 13


My youngest child has turned 13...yesterday was his birthday. He's now a teenager. Dakota has such a special place in my heart, not only because he is the "baby" of the family but because he joined our blended family into one. I always felt like he helped bring the other 5 children together because EVERYBODY loves Dakota. He's a great son, brother and uncle to his niece and nephews.

Dakota is kind and tender-hearted. He is a people-pleaser (which isn't always a good thing and something I have to constantly instruct him on.) But he is a leader too and makes strong, independent choices when faced with difficult situations. I am so proud of him and the fine young man he is turning into. He's been asked to be a leader in many situations at church and elsewhere because others recognize these characteristics in him as well.

So, even though I'm a day late with this my sweet young man, I just wanted to publicly say I love you with all my heart and I wish you the very best birthday (and I know you are going to have fun this evening at the go-cart track!)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

MOMSWEB said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Dakota!