Friday, August 28, 2009

1st Week of School is Over and we are still speaking

homeschoolImage by foreversouls via Flickr

We survived our first week of homeschooling for this year. I threw some tough stuff at Dakota this first week because I'm trying to evaluate how much he can handle and what level he's at in some areas...I must admit he surprised me. He surpassed my expectations.

This is my 8th year of homeschooling him. Next year he'll be in 9th grade. So far he is still saying he wants to stay home and continue to be homeschooled, but there are times when I feel like he would rather be in school with kids his age now that he is getting older. I am trying to make sure he is adequately prepared to go to high school next year if that is the direction we choose to take.

I am very pleased with how this first week went!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: