Monday, February 23, 2009

And the Oscar goes to....

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences held their annual Oscars Awards show last night.
Let me begin by saying I am not a fan of these types of shows. I think 90% of Hollywood lives on another planet the majority of the time and are not in touch with "the real world."

I was working on my blog and catching up on email last night while my husband was watching TV and flipping through channels. He would stop on the Awards show once in awhile when they were about to announce the winner for Best Actor or Best Actress or something like that.

They would bring out 5 actors or actresses to announce the nominees before announcing the winner. What struck me as hilarious was listening to what was being read (off the teleprompter) and watching the nominee's face while he/she was being praised for her awesome, amazing, wonderful, glowing, outstanding performance in a movie! Are ya kidding me here?? It's a movie for crying out loud! LOL
The way they all carry on you would think these people had just discovered the cure for cancer or something!

Actors nominating actors for an award....like I said - they live in another planet!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I never watch these shows. Drives me crazy the way some Hollywood types think they know more just because they are famous.

Claire said...

I don't watch tv anymore, but I used to enjoy the emotion of the awards shows. But seriously? Lauding these people who are such hedonists in their personal lives (divorces, affairs, etc.), seems ridiculous and inappropriate. And? Someone wrote every word they said in those movies, so I think giving them all the credit for a character is just kinda wrong.