Saturday, February 2, 2008

Spiritual Gifts

8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines....

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues

This passage comes from 1 Corinthians 12 in the Bible. Paul is speaking to the Christians in the city of Corinth and reminding them how important each one of them is to Christ and the churchbody as a whole. They each possess a gift specifically given to them BY God to be used for His purposes.

I've known what my spiritual gifts have been for years. However, I recently took a spiritual gifts test just to see how I "scored" since it's been about 6 years since I took my last test. I was surprised to see how much my score had changed, reflecting my growth over the last few years I guess. Faith has always been #1 - it still is. Mercy and Helps used to be my next two dominant gifts with Evangelism, Wisdom, and Administration at the very bottom of the list. NOW my test came out like this: Faith, Administration, Wisdom, Evangelism, Mercy...(I was really surprised!)

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I have the spiritual gift of criticism. For instance, I can tell you that the color of pink that you're using for your blog is all wrong is an indicator that you are not nearly spiritual enough.