Thursday, August 2, 2007

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse - Too close for comfort!


Wow! I woke up this morning and opened the newspaper and this was what I saw....
I was in shock! My mom flew from Pensacola to Minneapolis yesterday for her annual Creative Memories Convention she goes to every year....I used to go to this a couple of years ago when I was a CM Consultant. We knew she was going to be in this area where this bridge collapsed! I asked my dad when was the last time he had talked to her and he said about 4:30 yesterday afternoon when she was on her way to the hotel from the airport....this collapse happened around 6:00! She called us at 6:30 a.m. this morning to let us know she was safe and said she had just gone across this bridge 30 minutes before the collapse! Praise God!! She was safe and sitting in her hotel room. How sad for those that perished in this tragic accident!

No comments: