Friday, July 20, 2007

Mission Trip to Brazil

I am leaving August 24th for my first overseas Mission trip! I am so excited and extremely nervous. I am going with 19 fellow churchmembers - some who have been before and some who are first-timers like me. Our trip cost $2400.00.

When I felt the "call from God" to go on this trip I knew He was going to have to provide the financial means as well because I didn't want to take from our household money to pay for this trip. We have had a lot of group fundraisers (fish fries, concession stand duties at baseball tournaments, Chick Fil A spirit nights, sponsored a local high school baseball's end of the year athletic banquet) and I have had two yard sales on my own. There is a church-wide rummage sale coming up the first weekend in August but I'm tired of yard sales! They wear me out!! The greatest blessing has been the ability to work three different times this summer for my best friend at her office when everyone has gone to conferences or meetings. I fill in and answer the phones. That money has gone directly into my mission fund! Praise God because that has been almost $800!

I am just putting my faith and trust in God that the money will be there by the time I am ready to leave on August 24th! Praise be to God!!

No comments: