Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Laundry Duty

When I had a houseful of little ones I despised doing the laundry all the time! That had to be my worst chore of all time. What a time-waster...wash the clothes, fold the clothes, wear the clothes, wash the clothes, fold the clothes, wear the clothes over and over and over multiplied by 6 sometimes 8 people! UGH!

What worked for me when the kids got to be around 7-8-yrs-old was to purchase different colored laundry baskets for each one of them. Their dirty clothes went in their baskets and they took turns helping me wash the clothes. Then when we pulled clothes out of the dryer the clothes were thrown into each basket and each child was responsible for folding and putting away his/her own clothes...my motto "I didn't wear them, I'm not folding them and putting them away!" LOL

For hundreds of great tips, check out today's Works For Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer

No comments: