Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Movie: Precious

I went to the movies last weekend to see Tyler Perry's movie I Can Do Bad All By Myself. This is one of the Madea movies Tyler Perry is famous for. Personally I did not enjoy this movie as much as Diary of a Mad Black Woman or Madea's Family Reunion both of which had me laughing hysterically throughout their entirety. This newest movie was rather sad and I found myself crying more than anything else. I don't want to give away too much information in case anyone reading this is planning on seeing the movie so I'm not going to say anything else about that movie.

The main reason I am writing this is because when I went to the movies last weekend there was a trailer for a new movie coming out the beginning of November. I can't get that movie out of my mind. I know it is just a movie...but unfortunately for thousands (maybe millions) of children it IS a reality!

The movie is called Precious - watch the trailer for yourself...


I will go see this movie when it comes out. I already know I need to take a box of tissue with me and I may need to go see it by myself so I can sit and cry silently without anyone looking at me. I am curious to see how this movie will end. Will Precious succeed in life because she is shown love and encouragement by a few people around her? Or will she forever be stuck in the wretched lifestyle she was born into because she has been shot down and torn down from every angle?

No comments: