When you sign up for a mystery shopping company...and I NEVER PAID TO SIGN UP AND YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER!!...you have choices of:
- mystery shopping
- surveying people
- theater checks
Most Mystery Shopping requires you spend some money up front and then you'll be reimbursed. Some pay additional money besides your reimbursement; some don't. I never accept any jobs where I had to put out a lot of money upfront except one time at Christmas. It was for a trendy store in the mall where I could spend up to $50.00 and they would reimburse the whole amount...I knew I could find a Christmas present in that store for one of my kids so I accepted that job and I was reimbursed for that purchase.
These are examples of mystery shopping jobs I accept on a regular basis:
- spend $1.00 for a parking garage assignment and then get paid $10.00 plus reimbursement
- spend up to $2.00 at convenience store and get paid $7.00 plus reimbursement
- did this one time - acted like I needed a storage place from storage rental - spent no money out of pocket but got paid $15.00
- I do restaurants I like to eat at (not allowed to name them) but they have been some of my favorites and my total meal for my family has been reimbursed - no extra pay, just reimbursement.
Image via Wikipedia
Some of the merchandising jobs I've done lately are:
- Publix - and open up boxed candy bars and put them out for sale as single bars.
- Publix - keep up with a coffee display for the month of June (keep it clean and order the coffee that's needed)
- Sam's Club - count the Gatorade, Tropicana and Frito Lay pallets on display
- Publix - reset the entire chip row (worked with a team)
- Dollar General - reset the men's/boy's Fruit of the Loom displays
- Family Dollar - hung up new signs around the store; took down the old signs
- Shell gas station/Kangaroo Express - this is what I did this last week...Kangaroo Express bought out a bunch of Shell gas stations and for the last 5 days a team of us cleaned out all the old stuff in the store and brought in all new counters and merchandise and set it up in one day - 5 stores in 5 days.